Plug Me In and Clade Engineering have collaborated on a heat as a service package for businesses and public sector organisations to avoid the high capital costs of new technology.
The promise from the partners is that the use of highly efficient heat pumps should lower energy bills when compared to ageing fossil fuel boilers, while significantly lowering carbon emissions, helping the drive towards net zero.
The costs are spread over 15 years and because all aspects of financing, design, supply, installation and aftercare are covered, Heat as a service provides peace of mind allowing the customer to focus on their core business, the partners said.
As businesses navigate the complexities of the modern energy landscape, the need for efficient and eco-friendly heating systems has never been more urgent. While the initial costs often deter organisations from adopting sustainable solutions, heat as a service offers an innovative service model that eases this financial hurdle.
The service is designed for any business or public sector organisation looking to decarbonise buildings and processes within their estate portfolio, the partners added:
This could be a block of flats with a central plant room currently running a gas fired boiler, a leisure centre with utility cost challenges, or a manufacturer using heat for textiles or food production. The applications are extensive and include the full range of Clade technology and applications engineering expertise.
Plug Me In specialises in heat pump and EV charging installation and maintenance, providing a tailored and bespoke service. The firm operates alongside Calvin Capital and Lowri Beck as part of the wider Calisen Group to offer solutions across energy technology, installation and maintenance.
Clade Engineering builds natural refrigerant heat pumps from 50 kW upwards, designed and manufactured in the UK, specifically for the UK market,
Clade is backed by investment from Groupe Atlantic who operate a range of well-known heating brands: Ideal Heating, Hamworthy, ACV, Atlantic, Keston and Gledhill.
The HAAS package offers:
- Financing: Plug Me In covers the upfront capital costs, allowing businesses to pay in monthly instalments.
- Design: Clade will custom-design a commercial-scale natural refrigerant heat pump and heating system tailored to the specific requirements of the customer’s estate.
- Manufacture and Supply: Clade will manufacture the heat pump and supply this from their factory in the UK.
- Installation: Clade will install the new system, integrating with your existing distributions system.
- Service and Maintenance: Included within the monthly service payment is a service and maintenance package, with system performance guaranteed.
The partners said:
This collaboration signifies more than just a product launch – it represents our shared commitment to work alongside businesses and public sector organisations in reaching net-zero carbon emissions. Together, we can pioneer a greener, more sustainable future.